First Baptist Memphis is a Midtown congregation that seeks to follow Christ by practicing hospitality, community, dialogue, and service.
Changes to Worship and FBC’s Mask Policy
- Masks are required for everyone, ages two and older (including those fully vaccinated) while in the building. This includes moving throughout the building, in the Sanctuary, and in Sunday School classes.
- Until further notice, we will not have congregational singing in worship.
- Ministers and lay worship leaders may remove their masks while speaking from the pulpit and put their masks back on before being seated.
- Children will remain with their families for the Children’s Sermon in worship.
- Sunday School classes can continue to meet as they feel appropriate, but if in person, masks will be required.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please keep your church, its leaders, our city, and our nation in your prayers.
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Issues Statement on Racial Justice
Please join us today as we welcome Pastor Kat on her first Sunday as Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church of Memphis! Kat grew up the second of three children in North Carolina where she learned to love the mountains, county fairs, and a regional specialty called...
On Pentecost Sunday, May 23, 2021, the congregation of the First Baptist Church of Memphis gathered to affirm and ordain Holly Hatton. Rev. Sarah Jobe, who grew up at FBC, preached the service. The Ordination Council was led by Rev. Dr. Carol Richardson and included...