Thank you to all who attended the congregational conversation on Sunday night. There were 31 computers and phones logged on, and I estimate 40-45 total people participated. It was great to see your faces and hear your excited voices for the first time since February!
With this conversation, the transition facilitation process draws to a close. The recommendations that the transition team presented last night will be published in December Together, and as Tom Marchand outlined on Sunday, you will soon receive a letter with instructions on how to submit your votes for a pastor search team slate.
I will no longer write weekly for Table Talk, but I will train the pastor search team once it is formed and will pray for the search process. You are a wonderful congregation, and it has been my joy to walk alongside you for the past year and a half. Your next settled pastor will be a lucky person!
I want to thank:
- your very dedicated transition team for their hard work: Shawn Hawkins (chair), Mike Ward, Sally Smith, Gloria Hodges, David Weatherspoon, Robin Miller, Cherish Mathis, and April Blankenship
- Randy, Holly, and Bridget for all of their invaluable support and assistance
- Clay Wilson and Tom Marchand (as past and current deacon chairs) along with all the deacons for their insights and questions
- Richard Wright and Mike Ward (as past and present personnel committee chairs) along with the entire personnel committee for inviting me to work with FBC and collaborating with me on the details of the transition facilitation contract
- all of you who participated in congregational conversations and/or prayed for the process.
I eagerly await news of FBC moving into its bright future.