This Sunday, February 23, the transition team invites you to the Fellowship Hall at noon for a delicious lunch, a fun activity, conversation with fellow church members around the tables, and worship. Here are the questions we’ll be discussing:
- How could we listen more fully to one another?
- What keeps us here despite our differences?
- How might we build on these areas of common ground?
- How am I personally willing to participate in building on common ground?
Note that the transition team encourages everyone to consider what they might need to let go of to lean into the commitments they make. This internal spring cleaning is a great lead-in to Lent, which begins a week from today.
A lunch of lasagna will be provided. We are asking Sunday School classes to provide the following items for lunch:
- Adult 6 Department: salad items (lettuce, cheese, salad dressing-ranch not needed, etc.)
- Connect 4: salad items (lettuce, cheese, salad dressing-ranch not needed, etc.) or bread (rolls, baguettes, etc.)
- First Friends: desserts
- Religion 101: bread (rolls, baguettes, etc.)
- Women of Faith: desserts
If you have any questions about the congregational conversation or the transition facilitation process, please contact any member of the transition team (Shawn Hawkins, Mike Ward, Sally Smith, David Weatherspoon, Gloria Hodges, April Blankenship, Cherish Mathis, Robin Miller) or me (firstname.lastname@example.org).