Changes to Worship and FBC’s Mask Policy
- Masks are required for everyone, ages two and older (including those fully vaccinated) while in the building. This includes moving throughout the building, in the Sanctuary, and in Sunday School classes.
- Until further notice, we will not have congregational singing in worship.
- Ministers and lay worship leaders may remove their masks while speaking from the pulpit and put their masks back on before being seated.
- Children will remain with their families for the Children’s Sermon in worship.
- Sunday School classes can continue to meet as they feel appropriate, but if in person, masks will be required.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please keep your church, its leaders, our city, and our nation in your prayers.
We will also have the service live-streamed at 11 am Sundays on the church’s Facebook page. You may view it at a later time on the church’s YouTube channel. You can also listen to the service live on the radio Sundays at 11 am on ESPN 92.9 FM or ESPN 680 AM.
Thank you for your continued faithfulness.
As we all adapt to the many changes we are experiencing during the COVID-19 pandemic, our objective remains clear: FBC Memphis is looking for creative ways to still be church and minister to our church family. We will highlight the ways we are doing this weekly via this blog.
On Wednesday nights at 7 pm our youth gather on Zoom to have Bible Study and chat time. Again, we are playing around with the format and discovering what works best. Some games can be fun, others bomb. At the time that I was writing this blog post, I was preparing to...
Several times over the last week I have heard people say “The Church is not the building”. Let me tell you that truer words have never been spoken! We are the Church, and, in these strange days, I am so proud of the way we are working to care for, minister to, and...
Gayla Foscue and I love teaching the Kindergartners through 2nd Grade Sunday School class! We often joke that we believe we have the best job in the church! The children's questions are honest and sincere and we do our best to answer those questions by conveying the...